Wednesday 11 June 2014

Day 9




Time : 10:35 pm                                                                                                       Roseville, Ca

When I look back, I often wonder how I came about becoming a Tarot reader. I mean no one in my family had ever heard of Tarot. It all began while I was taking French lessons and there was a story, I do not remember exactly what it was, but it had something to do with Tarot and our teacher asked if anyone knew what it was. There was one lady who said she did and that she was a reader. She brought her cards next day and just for a fun evening we did readings. I wasn't convinced that cards could tell your future and based on my belief, I asked her something I knew would never come true. But something odd happened that day the Tarot reader looked at me and said, we should meet again, alone that is and I was like why would she want to meet me. I forgot all about it , but as days went by she kept on asking me as to when would I visit her. I finally gave in, but not alone. I was skeptical, very nervous. What did she want from me?  So I asked my dad to come with me.

All I remember was that she did a couple of readings for dad and then took me aside and said Nandini I think you should try your hands with the cards, I was surprised, she said as in try reading then. I looked her as if she spoke to me in a foreign language and I was like I have never read cards before, I do not know how it is done. She gave me her cards and said to start with keep these cards with you for 7 days and then tell me how you feel? Well to be honest the first 3 days I did not care about them. I told myself I would give the cards back to her. It was only on the fifth day that I decided I might as well have  look at them before I gave it back to her. By the seventh day I was so hooked on to them that I called her and said I wanted to learn.. She told he you cannot teach tarot, it has to come for with in and your calling has come. She gave me a couple of books to start with and thus began my tarot journey. It has been 10 years since this story. Today Tarot is a part of my life, my very existence.

Tarot has taught me so much in these last 10 years, I see life in a whole new perspective and it has helped me to see things differently. It has guided me through my trouble time, given me valuable advice, Mostly, it has helped me to develop a creative approach toward solving problems and evaluate situations practically as well as be insightful at the same time. It has allowed me to connect with people on deeper emotional level. The lessons Tarot has taught me are valuable, perhaps far more than life it self. The cards have been my best friend, my guardian angel, and my teacher. Today after so many years, the cards are like my mirror , my alter ego and whenever I fall, they catch me, even pick me up. 

When I stated reading I was like the fool, not knowing about the road and the journey that lies ahead, yet full of zest and excitement. 10 years on, life has come full circle, I am the World now, seen it been on it and I have to say totally loved every bit of it. A blogger friend asked me whether it affected my belief in God. If anything it has only strengthen by faith, I believe, God willed it this way and He wanted me to grow and evolve through this process. I am glad I can give back to people and share this wonderful gift with them.
Though I agree it is sometimes hard to believe it has been 10 years... 

Right on, I wanted to share my Tarot journey with my readers and what it means to me.. The body demands sleep and the bed beckons. Till next time then...

Au revoir Mon' Amie

P.S. Day 3 of swimming lessons went better than expected... I am totally loving this and a lady even came to me saying girl you are brave enough to learn swimming even after growing up...  Well you see you are never too old to learn , be it Swimming or Tarot.. :) As long as you have the will to do so. 

11 comments:

  1. I am 57 and still can't swim. I hate the water. Good luck on your lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your swimming lessons! I can't swim at all and really need to be taking lessons myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Tarot reading is an amazing gift and like anything, depending on what you put into something, what weight you give it, it returns to you ten fold. How you began reading Tarot is a really interesting story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not know how to swim, and I think that is why I am scared going over bridges. I would love a Tarot reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can get inspiration from all things if you are looking at it right. Keep having a beautiful life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Tarot cards..I have always been fascinated with them. I bought some but never fully learned how to do a reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Jessica they are indeed fascinating :) Inspiration as you say Bishop is the key to everything.. Janelle anytime just let me know :D. Yup Jessica it indeed is and I love it :D. Louida you should try.. it is the best thing ever...Thank you Rosemary, I could use all the luck I need :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been reading cards for 17 years, wait 18 now lol... Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooo what an interesting post.
    I do not know a lot about tarot reading but I would love for someone to read cards for me

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting. I've never had my tarot read. I've thought about it a few times but in the end, I'm too stingy to spend the money on myself. Maybe someday though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tarot has always intrigued me. But neither can I read cards nor have I ever got my cards read. Maybe because I am yet to personally meet someone in my life who has her way with cards :)

    ReplyDelete