Monday 9 June 2014

Day 7

Time: 11:00 pm                                                        Roseville, Ca


When there is something you have wanting to do for ever and finally the day arrives when you actually get down to doing it, how is it that you are suppose to feel? Happy yes, excited yes, but I guess the one  that is most prevalent is perhaps mixed feelings. For instance I finally made it to the swimming lessons I have been wanting to take all my life. As a child mum would never let me near the water, let alone swim. There were a couple of lessons that I took in school and getting mum to agree to that was a nightmare. For some reason she was convinced that if I ever went anywhere near the water, I would not come back alive. So that was the end of my swimming.


It was not until 20 years later and 2 continents, that I finally, had a chance to take that plunge; literally I mean. Pritish has been very supportive all through, his idea, you have to take a leap of faith at times to find out whether you are meant to or not. But then whilst I was happy that I got myself to swim, somewhere, I felt I was disobeying my mum. I don’t know even now when I am way passed 30 a part of me still feels, I should abide by here, hence the whole mixed emotions thing. When I informed her over the phone, regarding my plans, she was, lets just say not elated about the whole thing, but then she did say you are old enough to take a call and yes “BE CAREFUL”. 


Anyhow moving on, from all the emotional saga… Swimming was fun I had my first lessons and now I know what it feels to take that first plunge. Having said that, every bone in my body hurts, but the pain is sweet. The classes continue for the next two weeks and I am ever more excited to learn all that there is to swimming. I shall make my share of mistakes, but I will be happier to learn from them.  For  now sleep beckons. Until the next time;


Au revoir Mon’Amie 


P.S. Mum I love you but I am sorry I am going to do this and I am pretty sure I will make it out of the water.. alive 

No comments:

Post a Comment