Sunday 8 June 2014

Day 6

Time 8:30 pm                                                                 Roseville, Ca


Sundays are precious, they come once every 7 days and then last just a day. Before you know it is gone. But Sundays are good when  you have friends around. Over lazy lunches and unending cocktail glasses with accompanied with endless chitchats and laughter, Sundays become beautiful.  But then what starts must end and it is time to gear up for the week to come.




Tomorrow is a special day, it is 9th June, a year since we lost Dimdims. Yes, one whole year she’s been gone. It is indeed hard to believe. But then time does fly and you learn to deal with the grief. Though I am certain it does not get any easier but one learns to accept it and move on; the scar remains. It will be specially hard for my ma, given that she is not keeping well and I am a million miles away. But then Dad is there and he is  a rock solid anchor for ma. She will sail through. 




Moving on, California is in desperate need of rains, as monsoon hits India, we are pining for a few drops and there is no sign what so ever. It is almost as it Delhi is taking its revenge on us, twice over I would say. 40 degrees Celsius is cruel anywhere.


Tomorrow, I start my swimming lessons. There was a time ages and eons back when I used to swim. But then I lost touch with the water world. Now with the mercury rising, it is time I took the plunge again. A new phase in life, very fittingly on a day when Dimdims moved to a higher plain. I guess it was willed this way.


But for now dinner beckons and the stomach demands food. Until next time..


Au revoir Mon’Amie

No comments:

Post a Comment