Saturday 14 June 2014

Day 11/12



Time : 7:01 pm                                                                                                       Roseville, Ca

Do we like surprises, well yes, most of the times that is. There has been something I have been wanting for quite some time, it is expensive so I just couldn't go to the store and pick it up without thinking of the repercussion it would have on our monthly budget. There was a couple of times I asked my Husband to which his response was well not exactly a No but non-committal , so I was resigned to the fact that perhaps it is not the right time or may be I shouldn't be too greedy. So I sort of gave up on the idea. That was until yesterday, when Pritish came home with a package and handed it over to me, I asked him what it was and he said, open it and when I did, I was completely taken back, the very thing I have been wanting all this time. 
I was at a total loss for words, I wanted to cry, and laugh and say so much but I was left dumb struck. All I kept saying was he knew all this while that I wanted it, I wished for it, He would catch he looking at it in the store but never said anything. He looked at me and said "What? Just because you do not ask does not mean I do not know how badly you wanted it. I just wanted to surprise you and see the look on your face; A million Dollar Expression." What can I say I did have the strangest possible look on my face.

He made my day and many more days to come. Yes, big surprises often come in small packages

Speaking of surprises, did any of you manage to catch the Netherlands vs Spain game what a shocker.. 5 goals for ND and 1 for Spain.. Who ever said revenge is a dish best served cold was so correct.. This was payback time for fifa world cup 2010 finals.. One of the best matches in a long long time. Oh wel otherwise weekend has been rather busy, social commitments, errands to run and what not.. More on that in my next post. Till then have a brilliant weekend 

Au revoir Mon'Amie
 

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting what you wanted. Its always nice to get a nice surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprises are great, especially when you don't expect to get a surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a sweet thing for your husband to do. Not watching the World Cup, but it sounds like you got two gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking about this the other day how my husband isnt good with suprises and I am not either to tell the truth. I wanted to surprise him with his fathers day present but it was supposed to be here on the 11th and its still not here, so after midnight last night he persuaded me to show him a picture of it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your blog. It's like going through the pages of a diary. Congratulations on the surprise gift!!! You are right, big surprises often come in small packages!

    ReplyDelete