Tuesday 16 July 2013

Tallying the Balance Sheet

It is one of those days when I get a chance to sit back , reflect and examine life, its ups and downs, and the many shades it has shown me. And I cannot help wondering how it feels to reach the twilight of ones journey ,looking at the successes and failures, those that I should have got, I could have got and those that I lost out on and adding up the balance sheet of life in general....  Then you realise, everything, you, me and life in general is ephemeral and as it came, so it should go so learn to let go for the harder you try to hold on, the faster it slips away..... Here I am reminded of one of Tagore's songs where he laments upon the time when life was like a flower.. So I try and pen down my translation of his words.. To this I shall only add, oblivion would only lead to rejuvenation and to a new beginning..

When life was like a flower, it had hundreds of petals
In Spring of giving it would shed , yet it had so much give
But now that it is in its Autumn, laden with fruits
Its time has ebbed
And now it would give of itself full measure, drooping with the burden sweetness
Slowly disappearing into oblivion 

2 comments:

  1. Some call it loose end to tally, i call it 'spice' of Balance sheet.. its the 'Miscellaneous'... Enjoy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for those lovely words :) I hope you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing :D

      Delete